Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another day 'off' at the house!


Okay, so Monday Tuesday and Wednesday were total washes for working on the house...
My right hand started going numb/tingly during all the painting over the weekend and John's shoulder was hurting from various ripping up/out of nastiness - so we thought a break was in order. My sister and I think I might have a pinched nerve in my back somewhere, which I am hoping will be better after a massage tomorrow. (my grip on the paint brush was not the best today . I can't even knit for more than 15mins at a time...)
Soooo, nothing will really get done tomorrow either :(

(this break happily coincided with the sims3 release... yup, i'm a super dork...)
Sadly, we also seem to be nearing the end of dramatic and drastic changes.
At least until there's more ready to be painted...

And there's the fact that the portion of our loan that goes into the renovations (the part that must be used by Nov 15, 2009) has yet to fully fund. IE - we and more importantly, the Contractor cannot access the money yet.
This translates to: no money for anything but 2-3 galleons of paint a week.
VERY FRUSTRATING.


But on to the pictures... :)



I love this picture!


So the roof is going to be the dark brown on the right side.


We bought a front door mat!
It's patiently awaiting the end of the painting in the garage...


NO MORE FIRE ALARMS!!
The guy came out and took out the whole alarm system.

The den is crack free and now just needs to be painted and sanded...



that's where the big ugly panel/control system for the alarm box was!


painting supplies!


we have a CLEAN working fridge at the house now!
(with some awesome Indian food leftovers that make me want to skip out on the massage to work out the pinched nerve in my shoulder)


up close on the sofa fabric.
I'm not a fan :(


But its a wonderful COMFY sofa

all painted! the trim needs a second coat I think
.. should I paint the bottom a contrasting/highlighting color??


No comments: