Saturday, June 6, 2009

Mud room... ?

Hello All!

Today I am looking for Mud Room suggestions.
We are going to convert the room in between the Laundry Room and the Garage to a mud room.
Requirements: Table with drawers, Mirror, Bench with storage options and possibly a coat rack. The top rack around the ceiling will be nice for John's gun belt and vest, or a lift top bench (with a place to put an obscure/hidden lock later?)

We will be sharing the mud room with the water heater and I would LOVE non-flammable suggestions on how to obscure it. (All I've come up with are various curtain theories... somehow I don't think that's wise...) And the floor will most likely eventually be black and white tile (unless we have enough wood left over?!?)



This is the room that the household will be coming and going from. We plan to be parking in and using our garage once we are capable of fully moving the furniture into the house... :)
And since the laundry room is highly visible from the den and kitchen, I really do NOT want it to become a messy catch-all. (there's hoping, right??)


Any wall color suggestions?
The connecting laundry room will be green, but I am unsure of that bold of a color in such a small, windowless space. There's paneling to paint in here, just like the rest of the house...
I know this sounds silly, but this and the entry hall are the rooms I would like to have finished first! (even though it seems like the kitchen is further along... but then there's much more to do in there!)
I feel like they are the smallest of the projects and thus - easiest/fastest to finish. Plus it would be sooo nice and not to mention encouraging to come and go from a finished area, even if the rest of the house is utter chaos!

Our current, over stuffed entryway at the apartment...



This might only have a future home in the potential mud room...
It is too big for the new entryway, and I love it too much to cut in half. Painting is not an option either, so a true black and white theme will not be possible.





Inspiration
From the lovely people at ApartmentTherapy.com
But we will need a table I think... Comments? Table or no table? All bench?




Bench Option
The wall cubbyholes/hooks comes with this one and seat cushions are easy to make.

Bench Option
The seat lifts up for lovely storage options!!



Progress did happen at the house despite my shoulder! The roofers magically appeared Friday morning! Yaaay! (pictures soon to follow! i keep leaving my sd card in my computer...)
Shoulder update: I'm still unsure if I have a pinched nerve, and if it is - where its pinched at.
I had a super duper intense deep tissue massage on Friday. He worked through a lot of my back/shoulder knots in a very short time. But, I was super sore and extra sleepy/grumpy all day Saturday. (still sore actually...) and there are quite a few left. Plus, my hand is still going tingly when I knit. I think I'm going to go back for more help on Monday or Tuesday after work, and let my acupuncturist work on it on Wednesday. How do they poke you on the front and back at the same time? Will I have to stay still for twice as long, so he can do one side at a time? That does not sound like fun. Plus, the deeper muscular needles are supposed to hurt worse... Maybe I'll wait to tell Mr. Tseng...
(side note - if you ever go to for acupuncture, don't fall asleep with the needles in!! it hurts if you jerk awake!)

OOoo, and if I don't work all day at the house tomorrow... I am totally making these mava cakes, maybe just in time for Grace to come help me pack? If they turn out, I'll make some to take up to Capers next week!

Have a wonderful weekend!!



No comments: